- This event has passed.
Partnerships and Pathways for Successful Reentry in Wisconsin
September 15, 2021 @ 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm CDTFree
The Thompson Center, Badger Institute, UW-Madison Odyssey Project, and UW-Milwaukee Helen Bader School of Social Welfare were pleased to present Partnerships and Pathways for Successful Reentry in Wisconsin. The hybrid event featured an array of experts who presented mindsets, tools and strategies that can increase the likelihood of successful reintegration. The event began with a discussion of a successful Nevada model that brings together the corrections system, a nonprofit reentry program, and a local college working to aid reentering citizens with opportunities of higher education and vocational training. Researchers from the University of Wisconsin system shared research and findings that give insight into successful reintegration approaches.
- Jon Ponder, Founder and CEO of Hope for Prisoners
- James McCoy, VP of Academic Affairs, College of Southern Nevada
- Graham Miller, Hope for Prisoners graduate
- Peter Moreno, Director of Odyssey Beyond Bars
- Tina Freiburger, Dean and Professor, UW-Milwaukee Helen Bader School of Social Welfare
- David Pate, Chair and Associate Professor, UW-Milwaukee Helen Bader School of Social Welfare