- This event has passed.
To Whom Should Wisconsinites Look to Advance Digital Privacy & Security?
November 20, 2020 @ 6:00 am CSTFree
Friday, November 20th from 12pm-2pm CST
The Thompson Center hosted this panel discussion with experts in industry and research on the future of digital privacy and security. This virtual event was part of the Thompson Center’s ongoing series: Privacy in a Digital World.
- Roslyn Layton, Senior Contributor on Enterprise Tech at Forbes.com, Uniform Law Commission Could Resolve the State & Federal Impasse on Internet Privacy Legislation
- Gabe Maldoff, Attorney at Covington & Burling, coauthor of The Costs of Not Using Data: Balancing Privacy & the Perils of Inaction
- Olivier Sylvain, Professor of Law at Fordham University Law School, Director of the McGannon Center on Communications Research and Member of the Academic Advisory Board of the Open Markets Institute
- Omer Tene, Vice President & Chief Knowledge Officer at the International Association of Privacy Professionals, co-author of The Costs of Not Using Data: Balancing Privacy & the Perils of Inaction
- Holly Yuan, Professor & Program Director of the Cybersecurity Research & Outreach Center (CyROC) at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense for academic years 2017-2022 by the National Security Agency, and Department of Defense Security in Smart Manufacturing in 5G grant recipient
Moderator: Brian Dennis, Director, Cybersecurity Center for Business, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, recipient of a Wisconsin Execution of Cybersecurity Understanding, Remediation & Education for Defense grant from the Department of Defense and Closing the Skills Gap in Cybersecurity grant from the Department of Labor
Cosponsors were the UW-Whitewater Cybersecurity Center for Business, UW-Stout Cybersecurity Research & Outreach Center, and UW-Madison Jean Monnet Grants.