Thompson Center Speaker Grants are funded through a GPR appropriation under fund 116.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
1) Is there a cost limit to speaker grant amounts that can be requested?
Provided all expenses are deemed acceptable upon review, there is not an official limit. The Center has made $500,000 available for speakers this fiscal year and grants will be awarded from that pool.
2) In what timeframe are funds available for use after the deadline?
After your application has been reviewed and awarded, you will have the following fiscal year to spend the grant. All funds must be spent during the fiscal year for which they are awarded (by June 30).
3) Can one unit or college submit multiple applications?
Multiple applications by the same entity is allowed, but please put forward quality proposals rather than a large number to see if one sticks.
4) Can two or more units or campuses submit an application together?
Yes, but please be sure to note the coordination of your efforts prominently on the application. If this coordination results in multiple separate events at different times or locations, one application is adequate. Please delineate proposed events and event budgets separately from each other.
5) Can one application contain a series of speakers?
Yes. Please include separate budget amounts for each event and speaker.
6) Can the application cover food and drink?
Event-related food and drink are acceptable expenses to include in the application. In accord with UW System policies, these grant funds cannot cover alcohol.
7) Can the application include references and/or speaker bios beyond the 3 page limit?
Long biographies/CVs and references are permissible as appendices to the application and do not have to fit within the page limit.